Workshop on Direct Marketing Tools for Farmers Markets and Agritourism Enterprises Scheduled
Do you market at Farmers Markets or have an Agritourism business? Maybe you are thinking about adding Farmers Markets or Agritourism enterprises to your operation.
Experienced marketers and beginners alike are encouraged to attend “Direct Marketing Tools for Farmers Markets and Agritourism Enterprises” that will be held on Saturday, February 26 at the Clifton-Clyde High School located at 616 North High Street in Clyde. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the conference will adjourn at 4:00 p.m.
General and Breakout Sessions include:
- Marketing Your Farmers Market,
- Becky Walters Pumpkin Patch Fun
- Farm for Profit, Not Production
- Liability Protection for On-Farm Activities
- Good Practices to Support Your Business
- Programs to Support Agritourism
- Season Extension Techniques to Increase Your Total Sales
- High Tunnel Production 101
- Maximizing Your High Tunnel Profit and Productivity
- Tomato Grafting for High Tunnel Production
- Advanced High Tunnel Session: Microclimate Modification in High Tunnels
- What Sells at Farmers Markets Besides Vegetables and Fruit
- Making the Most at Market.
This conference is sponsored by the North Central Kansas Specialty Crop project, Clyde Economic Development and K-State Research and Extension River Valley District. Registration cost is $10.00 which includes lunch and conference materials. Contact David Coltrain at 785-325-2121 or email coltrain [at] ksu [dot] edu for a conference brochure or if you have questions. More information about the conference and a brochure can be found at http://www.buyfreshnck.com/.