'10 Savor the Season Market Application Materials Available
Is your market looking for a recipe to turn up the burner on sales of your vendors' fruits and vegetables?
KRC may have the secret ingredient!
Savor the Season is a specialty crop promotion project that seeks to increase the consumption of eleven fruits and vegetables through attractive and informative produce cards and additional supporting materials.
Is your market interested?
KRC has funding for as many as 20 farmers markets to participate in the 2010 Savor the Season Program. Please read the following program description and participation requirements:
KRC’s Farmers Market Project will develop:
- 11-4” by 6” color photo crop cards cards with selection, storage and preparation tips as well as a recipe. (printed)
- 11 FYI Tip Sheets providing additional crop info such as preservation, nutrition and seasonal availability. (PDF format)
- 2-4 press release templates highlighting the program and featuring information on the selected crops by season.
- 40 additional recipe entries on the ksfm web site featuring selected crops in the following categories:
- Simple: Five ingredients or less (not counting herbs, spices, oil)
- Fine: Worth the extra time or extensive ingredient list
- Keeper: Stores well (including canning, freezing or dehydrating)
- Traveler: Representative of a food culture from around the globe
- program banners, 18” by 36”, for display at markets (availability dependent on funding)
To become a 2010 Savor the Season Market, please:
- Download and read through the Program Guidelines (at bottom of post in red)
- Email Mercedes and she will email you the Market Application Form
- Return completed application before April 30, 2010.
Savor the Season is a program of the Kansas Rural Center made possible by a USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant from the Kansas Department of Agriculture. Project partners include KDA, Kansas Department of Commerce and the Kansas Center for Sustainable and Alternative Crops.